Friday 15 November 2013

Three days in (sort off)



So apologies for missing yesterday, with the Night of the Doctor, DWM, and Science of Doctor Who, I got a little distracted, and who can blame me.

However, I shall make up for that with two posts today.  So for starters, what is my top Jon Pertwee story?  There are many to choose from, Invasion of the Dinosaurs, The Three Doctors, The Silurians. There all good stories, but there is only one for me.

The Sea Devils.  It’s a cracking story, which sees the Pertwee and Roger Delgado on top form. They play off each other so well, and again their relationship takes a new sense with the master being a prisoner, for now.

It was nice to see a change from the usual UNIT family, with the Navy taking a turn in this story. It was a nice change and Captain Hart is a fine character, who should have come back.

The location shooting was very good, and helped the feel of the story. Though the prison, didn’t feel that prison, the naval base and abbanondedish sea fort were fantastic. A few years ago I was surprised to be at a wedding in Portsmouth looking out at the very sea fort that the Doctor and Jo visited. I did keep an eye out in case a Sea Devil appeared.

So that’s my favourite Third Doctor story.

Baggers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment