Wednesday 20 November 2013

So, home straight - three days to go

Three days to go and my excitement levels are rising dramatically and today we head back to 2005 and Christopher Eccleston blazes onto our screen with a simple word.

'Run'

So what is my favourite ninth Doctor story. This is a hard choice as there are so few to chose from. So out of his ten stories, where do I go. It's easy really, it will have to be the Unquiet Dead by Mark Gatiss.

I said in my post on the Talons of Weng Chiang, that I love a victorian gothic horror story and this is another perfect example.  The design of this episode is, to quote the Doctor, fantastic. It really feels like Victorian Cardiff.

The cast is headed by Simon Callow playing Charles Dickens. A perfect piece of casting. He plays the role with such style. The rest of the cast featuring a pre Torchwood Eve Myles rise to the script and we are treated to an excellent ghost story.

David.


No comments:

Post a Comment