Thursday 22 April 2010

And here come the Daleks

So, episode 3 and here are the Daleks. From the early rumours of the similarity to the Patrick Troughton debut story Power of the Daleks I was looking forward to this episode. My eagneress was increased when I heard that Mark Gatiss would be writing this episode.

Did they let me down? Yes and No. I loved the new look Daleks. I loved the Spitfire attack on the Dalek Ship. Every thing about this story was great. Ian McNiece was brilliant as Winston Churchill. He portrayed him as a man who will do anything to make sure that Britain survives.

The Doctor was, as he should be, in the centre of this story. He had to stop the Daleks once and for all and failed. But yet, when he attacked the Dalek, we saw the scarred sole survivour of the time war. A man who has to carry the burden of being the last of the Time Lords.

However it did have one major flaw and that flaw is that it need to be longer. Since 2005, Doctor Who stories, I felt generally needed to be ten to fifteen minutes longer to carry the story a little better. the only exception to this is Blink.

So my score for the Victory of the Daleks. 7/10, a good story but let down by the fact it need to be longer.


P.S. Also Daleks with Webbing. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment