Monday 5 September 2011

Some answers and more questions.

And we are back with a bang and a rather confusing story. But not for me. Mr Moffatt has written a complex story with time lines over lapping and Hitler in a cupboard. However, I managed to keep on top of the story. My friends have noted how could Mels be Amy and Rory’s friend and not tell them the truth. I seemed to accept this and not really get confused. I did like the idea of Mels introduction. In fact I had the idea that it was River from her entrance as it was shot in the usual way for River. Which helped me understand the story better.

Matt Smith was on fine form and his acting when he was dying was superb. Alex Kingston was given a role of a baddie and she acted it superbly. Her delivery of the lines made her different from the usual River Song, but still similar enough. Arthur Darvill again was his normal self, whether punching Hitler, riding a bike, or being miniaturised. Karen Gillan was very good as a mum desperate to find her child.

The design of the episode was great. Whether it is in side of the human robot or Nazi German. I particularly loved the Nazi German so effectively created in a back corner of Swansea. I do have to agree with my colleague that Nazi Germany was so brilliantly recreated it would be a shame not to see another story set there.

I enjoyed this story a lot. However there were a few things that I was a little unsure about. River/Melody joke about a party covering all the racial groups that the Nazi exterminated in the concentration camps. As well as Hitler. I am sorry it felt wrong with Hitler being there and was a wasted opportunity.

However despite these misgivings. I loved it. It answered many questions, however there are still more to be answered and let it continue.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment