Thursday 27 May 2010

The beast from beneath

So the Silurians are back in Doctor Who. Ever since I first read Malcolm Hulke's adaptation of his tv show Doctor Who and the Silurians, I fell in love with them. I love all three stories especially Warriors of the Deep. So was their re imaging going to disappoint.

It didn't. Chris Chibnall who's previous scripts for Torchwood and his sole Doctor Who Script 42 were highly disappointing. So my expectations were low. However the script was solid. It moved along pretty sharply. The script had hints of several of the classics from John Pertwee.

It was nice to see Amy removed and the Doctor having to work with Rory. Rory has potential to get boring however he is a major part of the scripts and he is getting a decent amount of action and so I don't resent him being there. In fact the presence of a third crew member is a welcome change to recent years where we get companions mum, fella, mate etc... along for a ride. He is holding his own and how it all pans out we have yet to see but for the moment Rory you can say.

The Silurian redesign was amasing. The production team have done a great job in updating them and though I miss the third eye (perhaps that is only for the scientist) they work and look fantastic.

I don't really have any negative points about this story. It's a good solid start with what may not be the best cliff hanger but I am looking forward to seeing how it concludes.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment